Monday, November 14, 2011

Ungh.

I've been really lucky since the Little Guy was born in that I haven't needed to take very many "sick days," as it were. The problem with that is that when I *do* need one, it feels like several sick days all saved up at once.

Which is what today has been like. Seriously, it reminds me of the first trimester except I can absolutely guarantee that's not what's going on. But it means that all I want to do is curl up in the bed and sleep it off.

That's not exactly the Little Guy's idea of a good time, though.

He's just learned to walk and he's in the process of giving up afternoon naps and isn't exactly impressed with the brand-new-and-definitely-not-improved model of Mommy, The Lump! So I've barricaded us in the study (the smallest room in the house aside from the bathrooms, which makes it the easiest to keep warm), which incidentally has tons of books, a desk, a TV and a Love Sac, so I can sort of nap and sort of keep an eye on the Little Guy without going over the line into neglect. He loves the chance to sit on the Love Sac and eat animal crackers and watch PBS Kids (okay, seriously, Martha Speaks? THAT'S NOT HOW ANATOMY WORKS), so it's really not as rough for him as you might think.



So with any luck, we'll both survive until Daddy gets home from work. And with any more luck, tomorrow will be better.



And now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to solving the puzzling question of why on earth that dog is still alive if she's got alphabet soup stuck in her brain.

6 comments:

erachamay said...

Two words: Curious George. That's how I got through my first trimester when I was expecting Katie. Just record those suckers and do playback while you take a nice long nap....

erachamay said...

oh, and then you don't have to deal with alphabet soup... (try wordworld, too, although you might want to stay awake for that one! I wish I lived in wordworld!)

elliespen said...

We love Word World around here. But they're not available for streaming on Netflix anymore, alas!

erachamay said...

WHAT??!?!?!?!?!?! This is why we don't have Netflix anymore, apparently... what has this world come to?

Unknown said...

I like Martha Speaks, despite the anatomical impossibility. ;) Do you ever take Pictures of Little Guy, because they are curiously lacking on this blog. :)

elliespen said...

I do take plenty of pics of the Little Guy but most don't make their way onto this blog because 1) I put most of them on facebook and 2) I'm too lazy to put photos on more than one website. Also a little bit of 3) since I don't personally know a lot of people who read this blog, I like to limit stuff like that for privacy reasons.

But it's mostly because I'm lazy.