Saturday, December 27, 2008

You've got to be kidding me.

I hate popup ads on the internet. It's bad enough when the pop up in a separate window but it's even worse when they just pop up in the same window, covering what you're actually trying to look at. Especially the rollover ads. You innocently move your mouse and all of a sudden there's a huge ad for some ginormous pizza deal covering your screen and you can't find the x to close it.

But I have now officially seen the worst thing ever. An automatic popup of a guy appearing in the corner of the window and starting to talk. It talks at you until you can figure out how to close it.

To paraphrase, whoever was responsible for thinking up this thing ought to be drug out into the street and shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Firefox are win. I haven't seen a popup ad in months. I also don't see rollover ads, talk at you ads, siezure inducing ads, etc. :D