Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Weird.

Well, the Cold of the Century is returning. (My old nemesis, we meet again...) If it hasn't quite arrived in full force yet, it's at least sending out numerous scouts to check out the lay of the land. What this means is that I'm still able to (sort of) move around and I haven't had to miss class or work (yet), but I'm still feeling pretty darn crappy and am using up enough kleenex that in the last hour alone I have probably been responsible for an entire tree or so. They do make Kleenex out of trees, right? I forget. Anyway, you get the idea.

The weird thing is that these happen to be the nicer kind of facial tissue and are chock-full of lotion and mosturizers and stuff. And by chock-full I mean that my hands are markedly softer after the half-box I've gone through. I can actually feel the lotion residue on my hands just from handling the Kleenex. I don't want to complain too hard - after all, my nose is benefitting from this and is not red and scaly and falling off my face after all the blowing. But it's kind of weird still. Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer to get my hand lotion from a bottle.

And now I need to take my stuffed-up nose and soft, silky hands to bed. At this rate I'm pretty sure they won't make it to class tomorrow. Urgh.

No comments: