Friday, April 20, 2007

Going into the moon's shadow

We're disconnecting the internet and TV tomorrow in preparation for our big move on Saturday and won't get them set back up until Monday.

This is always the part I hate the most about moving (well, besides the packing and loading and cleaning and moving and unloading and unpacking and not knowing where your hairbrush ended up for the next three weeks and having to figure out a new lightswitch system and where the hot spots in the oven are, but other than that...), where we go into blackout mode, technologically speaking. I always feel like I'm completely cut off from the world and that something extremely vital will happen (i.e., long-lost rich uncle dies and the executor sends me an email saying please call within the next 24 hours for your inheritance of three gajillion dollars and if we don't hear from you by that time it will all be donated to the society for the prevention of cruelty to mushrooms) and I won't know about it until later, when it's too late.

So I guess all I can say is, nobody say anything important while I'm gone, and I'll see you on the other side.

No comments: